Most of us have recovered from the festivities this past holiday season. The Christmas trees are coming down and gift shopping is coming to an end… or at least to a manageable conclusion. Those who live in the tropics are lucky enough to transition into the warmer season, while the rest of us have to deal with the bitter cold January and February will bring. Some of you might disagree with my statement and you’re right to do so…I’ll be honest…I am a big fan of warmer weather.
One aspect of this winter season we can agree on is the dry skin some of us will have to deal with. Below is an article WebMD put on 6 tips to relive dry skin…#2 is right on!
So as you keep yourself warm in anticipation of the warmer season keep in mind natural products like Grandmas Pure and Natural Soap to keep your skin moisturized and dry-free this winter season.
Picture courtesy of Clipartof.com
The Holiday Season is upon us!!! If any of you are wondering… yes it’s time to talk about gifts and contemplate on buying those annoying presents your kids have been nagging you about. My mom would tell me how annoying and stressful the season leading up to Christmas can be. I can be wrong but there is a high probability you are going through a few of these scenarios:
- How do I prepare for my vacation time?
- Who are we spending Christmas with??? His parents… or better yet my parents?
- Do I want to travel or should I force my parents to join my family for the holidays?
- Do I want to schedule a photo session that way my mom can stop nagging me about coming up with holiday pictures?
- What do I give little Johnny for Christmas? He has been a pest for the past few weeks and wont stop asking for an iPad Air!!! But I am not that parent…he needs something else…something a bit more productive and not too pricy.
There are a few more that I haven’t mentioned but I’m sure you can follow the trend. Now December rolls in and things start to quiet down…or at least you hope they do. If you are like me you will be sure to buy all your gifts before December and spend the next few weeks shopping for yourself. So to help you kick off this holiday season the right way let me point you in the right direction…. Grandma’s Hand Crafted Herbal Soap Collection. Before you buy something you might never use, visit our website https://grandmaspureandnatural.com/herbals and see for yourself the benefits of natural soap and in this case an herbal soap that is perfect for the right season. A product that’s coming straight from Santa’s workshop (aka. our Oklahoma Manufacturing Warehouse). So here is what you need to know about Grandma’s Herbal Soap;
- You choose from 12 different scents.
- The soap is ALL NATURAL and made in the USA.
- No animal products are used.
- No irritants.
- Moisturizes skin naturally.
Visit our site or give us a call to find more information about a product that will moisturize your skin and won’t irritate it. A perfect personal gift or great item to buy for someone else this season.
Through out this summer Grandma’s Lye Soap will highlight its two acne bars in preparation for the upcoming school year. Both normal and acne skin soap products are aimed to help teenagers and young adults fight acne. What we have learned is that ordinary soap can clog pores and skin treatments can cost a fortune. Our goal is to give young adults a cheaper and more effective alternative by offering natural products that are specifically designed to combat breakouts as well as other acne problems.
According to WebMD there are 5 skin types: Normal, Oily, Dry, Combination, and Sensitive. Today we will highlight oily skin which is considered to be one of the more common types. Most teenagers dealing with oily skin have an excess amount of sebum which is produced by your body’s sebaceous glands. Overproduction of the sebaceous, which are oil-producing glands, results in blackheads and stronger breakouts that teenagers and young adults will have to deal with.
By offering the oily skin acne bar soap, we believe that individuals can take preventative action through an affordable price. Grandma’s Lye Soap “Acne Bar” will help fight acne as an all natural source. The bar of soap contains the following ingredients: food grade lard, water, castor, lye, oatmeal & thyme. This soap is hand cut and individually inspected.
Here are some guideline and instructions for effective use of this acne soap:
- For full effect use this special acne soap as your ONLY all over daily shower soap for face and body. Wash your face with soap before bed and additionally as needed to clean pores. Continue to use this soap when acne clears to fight bacteria with thyme to keep pores clean and acne under control.
- Acne may appear to worsen at first because Acne Bar is cleaning the pores and drawing out the impurities. Most see improvements in 3 to 4 days. Cystic acne may take considerably longer to improve.
For more information be sure to visit our website: http://grandmaspureandnatural.com/
and our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandmaslyesoap
Winter is known to be the time for hot chocolate, colder weather, snow (some places) and getting dry, itchy skin. Dry and itchy skin? That’s right! Due to wind and cold temperatures, winter can cause our skin to lose moisture and become tight and dry. According to the American Academy of Dermatology, dry skin is very common during winter and can lead to itching, flaking and cracked skin. Although we have no control over the cold weather outside, there are many tricks and products we can use to keep our skin healthy all winter long!
Winter Skin Tips:
- Using a mild soap during the winter time will help decrease dry and itchy skin.
- Avoid wearing wet gloves and socks that could further cause your skin to become cracked or itchy.
- Keep hot showers down to about 10 to 15 minutes and apply lotion to your skin right after you get out of the shower. Taking a long shower or bath after being outside in the cold, can take moisture out of our skin leaving it really dry.
- Keep applying sunscreen. Yes, that’s right! You can still get sun damage even when it’s cold outside. With the combination of the sun and the glare from snow, your skin can still get sun burns and skin damage. Before going outside, apply sunscreen to your face and hands then wait 30 minutes.
GRANDMA’S Soaps, Lotions and Lip Soothers BEST for winter:
GRANDMA’S Lye Soap is the perfect soap to use this winter because it is a mild soap that is gentle your skin. GRANDMA’S Lye soap is completely natural and has no added detergents, dyes or fragrances that could irritate your skin. Reducing your hot showers down to 10 – 15 minutes, showering with GRANDMA’S Lye Soap and applying lotion right after your shower will do wonders to your skin this winter.
GRANDMA’S Winter Hand Soother is a non-greasy lotion that goes on soft. GRANDMA’S Winter Hand Soother has a subtle grapefruit scent that quickly dissipates and won’t compete with your perfume. GRANDMA’S Winter Hand Soother hand soother comes in 2.0 oz. and 4.1 oz. bottles, perfect to carry around in any size purse or bag. applying this hand moisturizer a couple of times a day anywhere you go, will be the perfect solution to dry or cracked hands caused by cold weather.
GRANDMA’S Lip Soother is our newest product! GRANDMA’S Lip Soother is a non-oily lip balm that goes on smooth and lasts longer than most lip balms. GRANDMA’S Lip Soother has SPF 15 and will protect your lips from the harsh winter sun.
Cold temperature and high winds can cause your skin to become extremely dry and itchy, but thankfully there are several tricks and products you can use to make your skin look and feel great.
For more information and tips on how to keep your skin looking and feeling great visit: WebMD.com and herald-review.com. For more information or to purchase GRANDMA’S Pure and Natural products please visit: GrandmasPureAndNatural or call 800.345.3925
Happy New Year from us here at Remwood and Grandma’s Lye Soap! Make 2014 a great year.
Use Twitter? Tweet and follow us @GrandmasSoap!
Check out our facebook page for more information and FREE giveaways!